Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
All Songs Considered
Tue August 27, 2013
New Music: Nine Inch Nails, Earl Sweatshirt, Juana Molina, More
Originally published on Thu November 14, 2013 9:38 am
All Songs Considered co-host Robin Hilton has been feeling a little dazed and confused lately, so host Bob Boilen gives him a "sonic hug" with a new song from the Austin, Texas rock band The Octopus Project. Robin follows with a surprising cut from the first new Nine Inch Nails album in five years. NPR's Sami Yenigun brings a healthy dose of dance beats from Seven Davis Jr. and NPR Music's Frannie Kelley shares a new cut from Earl Sweatshirt, whom she calls the "strangest and most cerebral" member of the L.A.-based hip-hop collective Odd Future. Robin offers up the alluring beats and soundscapes of the former Argentinian actress and comedian Juana Molina and we close with a new cut from The Goldberg Sisters, a.k.a. Adam Goldberg, the actor and musician known for his role (among others) in the 1993 movie Dazed And Confused.