Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
Nicólo Paganini has been called the greatest violinist of the 19th century and was said to have made a pact with the Devil to achieve his great ability.
However, he was a voracious gambler, and lost a valuable Amati violin as a result of this vice, ultimately replacing it with one made by Guarneri, of no small importance.
He called it his “cannon violin” due to its explosive sound.