Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
Nicólo Paganini has been called the greatest violinist of the 19th century and was said to have made a pact with the Devil to achieve his great ability.
However, he was a voracious gambler, and lost a valuable Amati violin as a result of this vice, ultimately replacing it with one made by Guarneri, of no small importance.
He called it his “cannon violin” due to its explosive sound.