Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
Nicólo Paganini has been called the greatest violinist of the 19th century and was said to have made a pact with the Devil to achieve his great ability.
However, he was a voracious gambler, and lost a valuable Amati violin as a result of this vice, ultimately replacing it with one made by Guarneri, of no small importance.
He called it his “cannon violin” due to its explosive sound.