Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
No Injuries Reported In Storms That Hit Caraway
No injuries were reported after severe storms struck northeastern Arkansas on Halloween, breaking windows and peeling roofs from buildings.
Authorities say damage was reported in the Craighead County towns of Caraway and Monette after the storms hit Thursday night. The Craighead County Sheriff's Office says no deaths or injuries were reported.
About 10 buildings sustained damage in Caraway, and trees and power lines were knocked down. The Storm Prediction Center says straight-line winds blew the roof off a convenience store in Monette.
The National Weather Service will survey the area Friday to determine whether a tornado struck or if the damage was caused by high winds.