Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
No Injuries Reported In Storms That Hit Caraway
No injuries were reported after severe storms struck northeastern Arkansas on Halloween, breaking windows and peeling roofs from buildings.
Authorities say damage was reported in the Craighead County towns of Caraway and Monette after the storms hit Thursday night. The Craighead County Sheriff's Office says no deaths or injuries were reported.
About 10 buildings sustained damage in Caraway, and trees and power lines were knocked down. The Storm Prediction Center says straight-line winds blew the roof off a convenience store in Monette.
The National Weather Service will survey the area Friday to determine whether a tornado struck or if the damage was caused by high winds.