Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
No Injuries Reported In Storms That Hit Caraway
No injuries were reported after severe storms struck northeastern Arkansas on Halloween, breaking windows and peeling roofs from buildings.
Authorities say damage was reported in the Craighead County towns of Caraway and Monette after the storms hit Thursday night. The Craighead County Sheriff's Office says no deaths or injuries were reported.
About 10 buildings sustained damage in Caraway, and trees and power lines were knocked down. The Storm Prediction Center says straight-line winds blew the roof off a convenience store in Monette.
The National Weather Service will survey the area Friday to determine whether a tornado struck or if the damage was caused by high winds.