Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Wed June 4, 2014
Nordex USA Building In Jonesboro To Be Sold
A closed factory that once had the promise of employing more than 700 people in Jonesboro is to be sold.
Officials won't identify the buyer of the Nordex USA site, which made wind turbines until it shuttered last year. The sale of the $40 million plant is to become official Thursday.
Nordex attorney Anne S. Parker of Little Rock said she isn't allowed to discuss the buyer. Jonesboro Mayor Harold Perrin says he was told a large, publicly traded company wants to buy the site but says he wasn't told the name.
Nordex officials complained that a lack of a federal wind energy tax credit stifled its business and forced the closure. The company pledged to repay $2.5 in state incentives for not meeting hiring targets.