Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
This Is NPR
Mon March 24, 2014
NPR Becomes First News Provider on iTunes Radio
Originally published on Tue September 9, 2014 3:48 pm
As we say at NPR: radio isn't going away, it's going everywhere. Today we're excited to share the news that NPR has become the first news provider on iTunes Radio. Our 24-hour stream includes national newscasts, stories from Morning Edition and All Things Considered, and other news and cultural programming.
And what you hear today is just the start of what's to come. In the future, digital streams from NPR Member Stations across the country will begin appearing on iTunes Radio.
We also hope to offer an expanded listening experience on the iTunes Radio platform that will bring you content from your local station blended seamlessly with NPR programming.
We think this new offering will bring public radio to millions of people who may not have discovered us yet. As always, thanks for your support!
UPDATE: Six months after becoming the first news provider on iTunes Radio, more than 100 digital streams from NPR Member Stations across the country are now available! Check them out here: www.itunesradio.com/npr.