Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed August 7, 2013
NW Arkansas Town Renames Street For Fallen Nacy SEAL
A city street in Green Forest has been renamed in honor of a Navy SEAL who was killed in 2011 when his helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan.
The Harrison Daily Times reports that members of Tommy Ratzlaff's family gathered Tuesday for a ceremony that renamed Phillips Street as Tommy Ratzlaff Avenue.
The Green Forest native was among 30 Americans killed when their helicopter was downed by a rocket-propelled grenade.
Ratzlaff's mother, Nancy Ratzlaff, says her son would have been humbled by the recognition - and that he would have wanted his entire team to be honored.