Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri July 26, 2013
Obama Nominates Moody As Federal Judge In Arkansas
President Barack Obama has nominated Circuit Judge Jay Moody to serve as a federal judge in the Eastern District of Arkansas. U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor announced the nomination Friday.
Moody has served as a circuit judge since 2003 for the Sixth Judicial District, which covers Pulaski and Perry counties.
He previously worked in private practice and is an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Bowen School of Law.
Moody was nominated for the vacancy created by Judge Susan Webber Wright Carter assuming senior status.