Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri July 26, 2013
Obama Nominates Moody As Federal Judge In Arkansas
President Barack Obama has nominated Circuit Judge Jay Moody to serve as a federal judge in the Eastern District of Arkansas. U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor announced the nomination Friday.
Moody has served as a circuit judge since 2003 for the Sixth Judicial District, which covers Pulaski and Perry counties.
He previously worked in private practice and is an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Bowen School of Law.
Moody was nominated for the vacancy created by Judge Susan Webber Wright Carter assuming senior status.