Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri July 26, 2013
Obama Nominates Moody As Federal Judge In Arkansas
President Barack Obama has nominated Circuit Judge Jay Moody to serve as a federal judge in the Eastern District of Arkansas. U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor announced the nomination Friday.
Moody has served as a circuit judge since 2003 for the Sixth Judicial District, which covers Pulaski and Perry counties.
He previously worked in private practice and is an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Bowen School of Law.
Moody was nominated for the vacancy created by Judge Susan Webber Wright Carter assuming senior status.