Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri July 26, 2013
Obama Nominates Moody As Federal Judge In Arkansas
President Barack Obama has nominated Circuit Judge Jay Moody to serve as a federal judge in the Eastern District of Arkansas. U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor announced the nomination Friday.
Moody has served as a circuit judge since 2003 for the Sixth Judicial District, which covers Pulaski and Perry counties.
He previously worked in private practice and is an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Bowen School of Law.
Moody was nominated for the vacancy created by Judge Susan Webber Wright Carter assuming senior status.