Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Local & Regional News
Sun June 16, 2013
Officer Hit By Truck In Texarkana Disturbance Dies
A service will be held Wednesday for a Texas police officer who died after being hit by a truck during a disturbance at a park.
Texarkana police say a suspect was being held Sunday over the death of Officer William Sprague.
Sprague was hurt early Friday responding to a call of about fights that broke out as about 100 people were at Grady T. Wallace Park. Police later arrested a man on a charge of aggravated assault of a public servant. The charge could be upgraded due to Saturday's death of Sprague.
Visitation will be Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Texarkana. Sprague's funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the same church. Burial will be at Oak Ridge Cemetery in Malvern, Ark.