Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AARP Poll Shows Pryor With Slim Lead Over Cotton Among Seniors
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Up-and-Coming Arkansas Artist Blends Art and Psychology In New Exhibit
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
This Is NPR
Thu May 30, 2013
Oh Yeah (Yeah Yeahs)! New Apple iPhone 5 Ad Features NPR Music's SXSW Showcase
That's right folks, while you were busy dancing your face off at the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' only SXSW performance this year (or perhaps from the safety of someplace more private), Apple was capturing footage for its new iPhone 5 ad. Watch for the concert scene around 25 seconds into the video (the video above starts 23 seconds into the commercial). If you look closely, you can even see lead singer Karen O's sparkling, canary yellow suit, which was well documented in reviews of the conference.
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs' set captured here was part of NPR Music's 2013 Stubbs Showcase in Austin, which also featured Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Cafe Tacvba, Alt-J, Youth Lagoon and others. You can watch the YYYs' and all the performances online at www.npr.org/sxsw.