Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
- AARP Survey Shows Long-Term Care Key Issue in Arkansas Gubernatorial Race
Local & Regional News
Tue May 14, 2013
One Injured In Blast At Arkansas Gunpowder Supplier
Authorities say one person suffered severe burns after an explosion at a gunpowder supplier in western Arkansas.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office says the explosion was reported Tuesday morning at Black Powder Inc. near Clarksville.
Chief Deputy Jerry Dorney says only one person was inside the building at the time of the blast. That person was taken by helicopter to a Little Rock hospital.
The sheriff's office says the scene has been secured and investigators from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are responding.