Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue November 19, 2013
OSHA Cites Welspun Tubular In Little Rock For Workplace Violations
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited Welspun Tubular LLC in Little Rock for two alleged violations that OSHA says exposes workers to possible amputation hazards.
OSHA is proposing a $77.000 fine. Phone calls and emails to the Little Rock plant and Welspun headquarters in India were not immediately returned.
OSHA said in a news release Tuesday that the company failed to use electrical equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions and failed to install equipment to prevent pipes from moving and crushing workers.
It was not clear whether the investigation was the result of an injury to a worker and an OSHA spokeswoman did not immediately return phone calls seeking additional details.