Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu April 17, 2014
Ouachita County Names New Interim County Judge
The Ouachita County Quorum Court has named an interim county judge after the county's previous leader resigned.
The court this week named Amy Varner-Olvey as interim leader of the county. She takes over after the resignation of former judge Mike Hesterly.
Hesterly is awaiting trial on federal fraud charges that accuse him of awarding a Federal Emergency Management Agency contract in exchange for a campaign contribution. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Varner-Olvey tells the Camden News that she's thankful for everyone who supported her. Two other people applied for the position.