Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu April 17, 2014
Ouachita County Names New Interim County Judge
The Ouachita County Quorum Court has named an interim county judge after the county's previous leader resigned.
The court this week named Amy Varner-Olvey as interim leader of the county. She takes over after the resignation of former judge Mike Hesterly.
Hesterly is awaiting trial on federal fraud charges that accuse him of awarding a Federal Emergency Management Agency contract in exchange for a campaign contribution. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Varner-Olvey tells the Camden News that she's thankful for everyone who supported her. Two other people applied for the position.