Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
This Is NPR
Tue May 7, 2013
Paparazzi Descend On Wait Wait... Cinecast!
Originally published on Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 am
On May 2, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! beamed our beloved news-quiz show live into movie theaters across the country, from Seattle to Miami.
Fans gathered to experience Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! like never before. Just like the radio version, this big-screen debut created a communal experience that was big fun.
The standard movie-going etiquette was tossed aside as audiences happily broke into bursts of applause and cheering throughout the two-hour show: when the public radio stars were introduced (especially Carl Kasell), after Steve Martin and the panelists gave a correct answer or when Peter Sagal delivered a particularly hilarious quip. In some theaters, audiences weren't even shy about blurting out the answers.
And what would our quasi-Hollywood event be like without paparazzi? We kept the flashes popping all night long so you could see more of the fun from the stage in the slideshow below. And if you weren't able to make it, buy tickets for the encore showing in select theaters tonight, May 7 at 7:30 PM (local time).