Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon May 6, 2013
Parry, Rosenkrans Head U of Arkansas Faculty Senate
The heads of the annual Arkansas Poll and a professor of animal science will lead the University of Arkansas' Faculty Senate in the next academic year.
Janine Parry is a professor of political science at the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences and will lead the faculty group beginning in the fall. The vice chair will be Charles Rosenkrans of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences.
Parry has been at the Fayetteville campus since 1998 and is the director of the Arkansas Poll, which studies annually political issues facing Arkansans. In 2002, she was awarded the Fulbright College's Master Teacher Award. Rosenkrans has been at the school since 1991. In 2008, he received the Faculty Gold Medal award from the office of post-graduate fellowships.