Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon May 6, 2013
Parry, Rosenkrans Head U of Arkansas Faculty Senate
The heads of the annual Arkansas Poll and a professor of animal science will lead the University of Arkansas' Faculty Senate in the next academic year.
Janine Parry is a professor of political science at the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences and will lead the faculty group beginning in the fall. The vice chair will be Charles Rosenkrans of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences.
Parry has been at the Fayetteville campus since 1998 and is the director of the Arkansas Poll, which studies annually political issues facing Arkansans. In 2002, she was awarded the Fulbright College's Master Teacher Award. Rosenkrans has been at the school since 1991. In 2008, he received the Faculty Gold Medal award from the office of post-graduate fellowships.