Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon May 6, 2013
Parry, Rosenkrans Head U of Arkansas Faculty Senate
The heads of the annual Arkansas Poll and a professor of animal science will lead the University of Arkansas' Faculty Senate in the next academic year.
Janine Parry is a professor of political science at the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences and will lead the faculty group beginning in the fall. The vice chair will be Charles Rosenkrans of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences.
Parry has been at the Fayetteville campus since 1998 and is the director of the Arkansas Poll, which studies annually political issues facing Arkansans. In 2002, she was awarded the Fulbright College's Master Teacher Award. Rosenkrans has been at the school since 1991. In 2008, he received the Faculty Gold Medal award from the office of post-graduate fellowships.