Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The musical partita originally referred to a single-instrument piece of music popular in the 16th and 17th centuries, not unlike today’s sonata, but J.S. Bach also used the name for collections of musical pieces as a synonym for suite.
Interestingly, partita also refers to a Tarot card game from the 17th century popular in the Bologna region of Italy.