Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The musical partita originally referred to a single-instrument piece of music popular in the 16th and 17th centuries, not unlike today’s sonata, but J.S. Bach also used the name for collections of musical pieces as a synonym for suite.
Interestingly, partita also refers to a Tarot card game from the 17th century popular in the Bologna region of Italy.