Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The musical partita originally referred to a single-instrument piece of music popular in the 16th and 17th centuries, not unlike today’s sonata, but J.S. Bach also used the name for collections of musical pieces as a synonym for suite.
Interestingly, partita also refers to a Tarot card game from the 17th century popular in the Bologna region of Italy.