Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Peabody Changes Brands
Fri April 26, 2013
Peabody Hotel In Little Rock To Become Marriott Next Week
Officials say the Peabody Hotel in downtown Little Rock will switch over to the Marriott brand next week.
Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau CEO Gretchen Hall says the changeover will happen Wednesday.
Hall says the Peabody's signature ducks will take their last march in Little Rock within the next week.
In December, the Advertising and Promotion Commission signed an agreement to lease the Peabody to a Tennessee-based investment company, which settled on the Marriott brand.
Little Rock owns the land and improvements where the hotel is located, so the city had to sign off on the plan.