Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Peabody Changes Brands
Fri April 26, 2013
Peabody Hotel In Little Rock To Become Marriott Next Week
Officials say the Peabody Hotel in downtown Little Rock will switch over to the Marriott brand next week.
Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau CEO Gretchen Hall says the changeover will happen Wednesday.
Hall says the Peabody's signature ducks will take their last march in Little Rock within the next week.
In December, the Advertising and Promotion Commission signed an agreement to lease the Peabody to a Tennessee-based investment company, which settled on the Marriott brand.
Little Rock owns the land and improvements where the hotel is located, so the city had to sign off on the plan.