Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
This Is NPR
Thu April 25, 2013
A Peek Into Our New Home
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 8:04 am
Earlier this month, NPR's DC-based staffers shut down our computers on a Friday afternoon and walked out of our home of 19 years for the last time. We all carry lots of memories from our beloved '635' (as in 635 Massachusetts Ave, our former address) — nearly two decades covering breaking news to unforgettable Tiny Desk Concerts and lots of silliness in the midst of real, serious work.
The following Monday, our daily commutes landed us nine blocks further east, at 1111 North Capitol Street, NE. We're in a new neighborhood, a new quadrant of the Nation's capital and a brand new building.
Everyone is still getting settled into our new space and the new routine. But it seems safe to say that we haven't looked back. Instead, we are giddy with anticipation for the great stuff we are bound to create here, for you and our stations.
Please come visit us soon. Public tours are scheduled to start in June. More details on that soon. Until then, take a peek at our new home: '1111.'