Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
The People's Opera
Dubbed “The People’s Opera” by Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia when it was founded 70 years ago, the New York City Opera has unfortunately closed its doors and is initiating the Chapter 11 process, says Managing Director, George Steele.
It’s the place where exciting young singers like Beverly Sills and Placido Domingo made their New York debuts and will be sorely missed. What a terrible shame!