Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon February 10, 2014
Person Jumps Into Red River To Avoid Truck, Still Missing
Authorities will resume their search Monday for a person who jumped from an icy interstate bridge into a river to avoid a skidding tractor-trailer in southwestern Arkansas.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission spokesman Keith Stephens says teams in boats with sonar were unsuccessful Sunday as they searched the Red River near Fulton.
State Police say three people were outside their vehicles after an accident early Saturday on the Interstate 30 bridge when a commercial truck jackknifed and started sliding toward them.
Two people leapt over the guardrail and into the river. One person was quickly rescued, but the other person wasn't found. The missing person's name hasn't been released.
The temperature at the time was 29 degrees.