Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Wildlife Federation Opposes Ballot Issue 1
- Control Of Arkansas's Legislature Is Likely To Come Down To A Handful Of Races
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Democrats Make Their Case As Day One Of Early Voting Surpasses 2010 Midterm
- Arkansas Voters To Consider Issue 3, Proposing Ethics Reforms
Mon February 10, 2014
Person Jumps Into Red River To Avoid Truck, Still Missing
Authorities will resume their search Monday for a person who jumped from an icy interstate bridge into a river to avoid a skidding tractor-trailer in southwestern Arkansas.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission spokesman Keith Stephens says teams in boats with sonar were unsuccessful Sunday as they searched the Red River near Fulton.
State Police say three people were outside their vehicles after an accident early Saturday on the Interstate 30 bridge when a commercial truck jackknifed and started sliding toward them.
Two people leapt over the guardrail and into the river. One person was quickly rescued, but the other person wasn't found. The missing person's name hasn't been released.
The temperature at the time was 29 degrees.