Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Mon February 10, 2014
Person Jumps Into Red River To Avoid Truck, Still Missing
Authorities will resume their search Monday for a person who jumped from an icy interstate bridge into a river to avoid a skidding tractor-trailer in southwestern Arkansas.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission spokesman Keith Stephens says teams in boats with sonar were unsuccessful Sunday as they searched the Red River near Fulton.
State Police say three people were outside their vehicles after an accident early Saturday on the Interstate 30 bridge when a commercial truck jackknifed and started sliding toward them.
Two people leapt over the guardrail and into the river. One person was quickly rescued, but the other person wasn't found. The missing person's name hasn't been released.
The temperature at the time was 29 degrees.