Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon December 2, 2013
Petition To Recall Texarkana Director Is Dropped
An effort to recall one of four Texarkana city directors has been dropped while petitions to recall the other three directors remain.
The Texarkana Gazette reported Sunday that a petition to recall Director Sue Johnson filed by Miller County Emergency Management Director Larry Pritchett was dropped by Pritchett.
Efforts to recall Johnson and directors Laney Harris, Londell Williams and Mike Jones began after they voted to rehire former City Manager Harold Boldt. Boldt was rehired in September on a 4-2 vote after he resigned in March when he lost his temper with a resident during a city board meeting.
Boldt accepted a $162,000 settlement in July, then reapplied for the job and was rehired. Pritchett says the time to disapprove of Johnson's vote will be at the polls if she runs for re-election.