Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- As School Fees Rise, So Do Questions Over What Constitutes A Free Education
Local & Regional News
Tue July 9, 2013
Plan For The River Trail Is Approved By Little Rock Officials
The Little Rock Board of Directors has approved a plan to build a connecting section of the River Trail for bicyclists, which would help them navigate a section of Cantrell Road.
The connector section includes a loop behind the old marina building just west of the Dillard's corporate headquarters.
Dillard's has not yet agreed to allow the trail to extend behind its property, so the trail will wind in front of the building and connect with the sidewalks along Cantrell for a stretch.
That will eliminate the need for bikers to go the wrong way on a one-way street running along the viaduct under Cantrell Road.
Most of the $487,000 cost will come from a federal grant. The city's portion will be 20 percent, which is a little more than $97,000.
The measure was part of Tuesday night's consent agenda, which the board passed unanimously.