Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Mon May 6, 2013
Police Ask Passersby To Return Cash From Stolen Safe
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
When thieves in a small Belgian town tried to shake the cops, they dumped the safe out of the getaway car. The safe popped open, spilling $1.3 million worth of cash. People scrambled to pick it up. One woman even brought out a broom. Well, it's now two weeks later and police are asking for the money. They have setup a mailbox for people to drop off cash anonymously. Only half the money has been returned so far. Oh, and somebody has already broken into the mailbox.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.