Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Fri May 31, 2013
Police: 'Confirmed Fatalities' In Arkansas Floods
Arkansas State Police say there are "confirmed fatalities" in western Arkansas where a county sheriff and game warden went missing in floodwaters overnight.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler would not say how many deaths were confirmed from the flooding or whether they involve the missing sheriff and warden.
Sadler says the pair went missing while checking on a home in the Y City area where floodwaters had risen.
A dispatcher with the Scott County Sheriff's Office says flooding is widespread and water rescues are underway in the county.
The National Weather Service says heavy rainfall is predicted in the area until Saturday night.