Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Fri May 31, 2013
Police: 'Confirmed Fatalities' In Arkansas Floods
Arkansas State Police say there are "confirmed fatalities" in western Arkansas where a county sheriff and game warden went missing in floodwaters overnight.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler would not say how many deaths were confirmed from the flooding or whether they involve the missing sheriff and warden.
Sadler says the pair went missing while checking on a home in the Y City area where floodwaters had risen.
A dispatcher with the Scott County Sheriff's Office says flooding is widespread and water rescues are underway in the county.
The National Weather Service says heavy rainfall is predicted in the area until Saturday night.