Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri December 27, 2013
Police: Drunken Driver Hits Little Rock Convention Center
Police in Little Rock say an allegedly drunken driver crashed into the downtown Statehouse Convention Center.
A police report says the early Friday crash caused about $15,000 damage to the building and about $25,000 in damage to the 2007 Mercedes Benz driven by 23-year-old Phillip Troppoli of Roland.
The report says Troppoli was seen by a witness getting into his car on Main Street and hitting a vehicle in front of him, then proceeding north toward the convention center.
After the crash, police found Troppoli in the nearby Marriott hotel, where an injury to his face allegedly matched "an imprint from an individual's face" inside of the car's windshield.
Troppoli refused blood and breath tests for alcohol and was booked into the Pulaski County Jail on $15,000 bond.