Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri May 16, 2014
Police Shoot Man With Ax At Brinkley bank
Police in Brinkley say an officer shot a man who carried an ax to a local bank.
The Friday incident occurred at the Bank of Brinkley, where police say the man had uttered a threat earlier in the day.
When the man went back to the bank and brought an ax, officers first used an electric stun gun on him, but were unable to subdue him. Little Rock television station KATV reports that's when the officer fired.
After being shot, the man ran into the bank, where police were able to gain control of him. The man, whose name wasn't released, was taken to a Little Rock hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.