Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- As Griffin Concludes Congressional Role, Says Fighting Clean Air Rules A Priority
Local & Regional News
Fri May 16, 2014
Police Shoot Man With Ax At Brinkley bank
Police in Brinkley say an officer shot a man who carried an ax to a local bank.
The Friday incident occurred at the Bank of Brinkley, where police say the man had uttered a threat earlier in the day.
When the man went back to the bank and brought an ax, officers first used an electric stun gun on him, but were unable to subdue him. Little Rock television station KATV reports that's when the officer fired.
After being shot, the man ran into the bank, where police were able to gain control of him. The man, whose name wasn't released, was taken to a Little Rock hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.