Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue June 11, 2013
Pre-trial Hearing Set For Accused Little Rock Officer
A pre-trial hearing is set for a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter over the fatal shooting of a teenager who was suspected in a burglary.
Attorneys on Tuesday are to discuss various motions that are pending ahead of a trial that's scheduled next week for Josh Hastings.
Hastings was fired in October after Chief Stuart Thomas concluded Hastings violated department policies related to a June 25 burglary and the Aug. 12 shooting death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore Jr. Hastings has pleaded not guilty.
The department says evidence from the shooting scene contradicted Hastings' claim that the teenager was driving toward him when he fired the fatal shot.
Lawyers for Hastings are seeking approval to admit evidence about Moore's police record and omit information about Hastings' firing.