Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
President Signs Disaster Declaration For Arkansas
President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration for 11 counties in Arkansas that were hit by tornadoes, severe storms and flooding from May 30 through June 3.
The declaration signed Tuesday orders federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in Cleburne, Cross, Independence, Montgomery, Poinsett, Polk, Scott, Searcy, Stone, Van Buren, and Woodruff counties.
Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of damaged facilities.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said additional disaster declarations are possible if requested by the state and warranted following further damage assessments.