Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
President Signs Disaster Declaration For Arkansas
President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration for 11 counties in Arkansas that were hit by tornadoes, severe storms and flooding from May 30 through June 3.
The declaration signed Tuesday orders federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in Cleburne, Cross, Independence, Montgomery, Poinsett, Polk, Scott, Searcy, Stone, Van Buren, and Woodruff counties.
Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of damaged facilities.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said additional disaster declarations are possible if requested by the state and warranted following further damage assessments.