Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri April 5, 2013
Pryor Among 4 Senate Dems Silent On Gay Marriage
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor is in a shrinking group of Democratic senators who haven't announced their support for gay marriage.
Two freshman Democratic senators, Joe Donnelly of Indiana and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, said Friday that they support gay marriage.
So far, 49 Democrats, two independents and two Republicans have announced their support for gay marriage.
There are now only four Democrats in the Senate who have not expressed support for gay marriage: Pryor, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Tim Johnson of South Dakota, and Joe Manchin, of West Virginia.
Two Republican Senators, Mark Kirk of Illinois and Rob Portman of Ohio, have announced their support for gay marriage.