Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri April 5, 2013
Pryor Among 4 Senate Dems Silent On Gay Marriage
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor is in a shrinking group of Democratic senators who haven't announced their support for gay marriage.
Two freshman Democratic senators, Joe Donnelly of Indiana and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, said Friday that they support gay marriage.
So far, 49 Democrats, two independents and two Republicans have announced their support for gay marriage.
There are now only four Democrats in the Senate who have not expressed support for gay marriage: Pryor, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Tim Johnson of South Dakota, and Joe Manchin, of West Virginia.
Two Republican Senators, Mark Kirk of Illinois and Rob Portman of Ohio, have announced their support for gay marriage.