Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri April 5, 2013
Pryor Among 4 Senate Dems Silent On Gay Marriage
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor is in a shrinking group of Democratic senators who haven't announced their support for gay marriage.
Two freshman Democratic senators, Joe Donnelly of Indiana and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, said Friday that they support gay marriage.
So far, 49 Democrats, two independents and two Republicans have announced their support for gay marriage.
There are now only four Democrats in the Senate who have not expressed support for gay marriage: Pryor, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Tim Johnson of South Dakota, and Joe Manchin, of West Virginia.
Two Republican Senators, Mark Kirk of Illinois and Rob Portman of Ohio, have announced their support for gay marriage.