Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Politics and Social Media
Wed May 15, 2013
Pryor Hosting Twitter 'Town Hall' On Agriculture
U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor of Arkansas is hosting a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the farm bill and other agricultural issues.
Pryor's office said the Democratic lawmaker will answer questions via Twitter about the bill, agricultural research, regulations and domestic food availability. Arkansans can tweet their questions using the hashtag (hash)AskPryor starting at 8:15 a.m. Thursday.
Pryor is chairman of the Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee. Pryor is hosting the Twitter town hall as the House and Senate are considering separate versions of the five-year legislation.
Pryor's Twitter handle is SenMarkPryor. The Senate Agriculture Committee approved its version of the farm bill on Tuesday.