Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Politics and Social Media
Wed May 15, 2013
Pryor Hosting Twitter 'Town Hall' On Agriculture
U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor of Arkansas is hosting a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the farm bill and other agricultural issues.
Pryor's office said the Democratic lawmaker will answer questions via Twitter about the bill, agricultural research, regulations and domestic food availability. Arkansans can tweet their questions using the hashtag (hash)AskPryor starting at 8:15 a.m. Thursday.
Pryor is chairman of the Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee. Pryor is hosting the Twitter town hall as the House and Senate are considering separate versions of the five-year legislation.
Pryor's Twitter handle is SenMarkPryor. The Senate Agriculture Committee approved its version of the farm bill on Tuesday.