Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Politics and Social Media
Wed May 15, 2013
Pryor Hosting Twitter 'Town Hall' On Agriculture
U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor of Arkansas is hosting a Twitter town hall to answer questions about the farm bill and other agricultural issues.
Pryor's office said the Democratic lawmaker will answer questions via Twitter about the bill, agricultural research, regulations and domestic food availability. Arkansans can tweet their questions using the hashtag (hash)AskPryor starting at 8:15 a.m. Thursday.
Pryor is chairman of the Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee. Pryor is hosting the Twitter town hall as the House and Senate are considering separate versions of the five-year legislation.
Pryor's Twitter handle is SenMarkPryor. The Senate Agriculture Committee approved its version of the farm bill on Tuesday.