Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri September 27, 2013
Pryor Targets Cotton Over Syria Stance
Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor is criticizing Republican rival Rep. Tom Cotton for supporting military action in Syria, while a conservative group backing Cotton is launching radio ads portraying the Arkansas senator as too liberal.
Pryor's campaign on Thursday targeted Cotton for being the only member of the state's congressional delegation who publicly supports giving the president authority to strike Syria over its alleged use of chemical weapons.
A website launched by the campaign cited the stance as an example of misplaced priorities by Cotton.
Meanwhile, the Club for Growth announced it would begin airing radio ads criticizing Pryor over his support for the federal health care law.
Republicans widely view Pryor as the most vulnerable incumbent senator seeking re-election next year. Cotton announced last month he was challenging Pryor.