Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Amar Bose made a tremendous contribution to psychoacoustics, or the perception of sound, and we’ve all heard it.
Bose found that 80 % of the sound heard in a concert hall “bounces off walls and ceilings before reaching the audience”, and so invented the Bose stereo system which uses a blend of direct and reflected sound. The concept is now widely used in music reproduction.