Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Amar Bose made a tremendous contribution to psychoacoustics, or the perception of sound, and we’ve all heard it.
Bose found that 80 % of the sound heard in a concert hall “bounces off walls and ceilings before reaching the audience”, and so invented the Bose stereo system which uses a blend of direct and reflected sound. The concept is now widely used in music reproduction.