Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Amar Bose made a tremendous contribution to psychoacoustics, or the perception of sound, and we’ve all heard it.
Bose found that 80 % of the sound heard in a concert hall “bounces off walls and ceilings before reaching the audience”, and so invented the Bose stereo system which uses a blend of direct and reflected sound. The concept is now widely used in music reproduction.