Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu June 27, 2013
Puppet Workshop Being Held At CALS Children's Library
Larger than life puppets can be created this weekend at the Central Arkansas Library System’s Children’s Library.
The workshop takes place Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Led by Jo Ann Kaminsky, a registered play therapist and Arkansas native, participants will work in groups on the giant puppets, building some with undulating bodies.
“The puppets that will be built this weekend can span 40 feet and require 3 to 20 people to operate. They are made with things like PVC pipe, wire, paper mâché and clay. They have moveable parts, wings, and moving bodies,” said library spokeswoman Lee Ann Blackwell.
Participants will learn how to work with a variety of materials to create the puppets.
“While you work on your puppets, participants will definitely be able to learn how to work with fabric, clay, wire, and lots of different materials that you may have available in your home,” said Blackwell.
The workshop takes place Friday and Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM. It's free and open to the public, but space is limited and registration is required. To register, call 918-3879.