Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Queen of Sheba
A 1932 ballet by Ottorino Respighi entitled Queen of Sheba recounts the tale of her visit to King Solomon, and was quite a grand affair.
In addition to the orchestra, an offstage band and chorus, a wind machine, narrator, tenor, and a sitar and other exotic instruments were added.
The cast featured nearly a thousand performers. There were, however, only eleven performances. I wonder why?