Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri May 10, 2013
Rahm Emanuel To Address Clinton School Grads
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel will give the commencement address at Saturday's graduation ceremonies for the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service.
The commencement ceremonies are set for 2 p.m. Saturday at the Statehouse Convention Center in downtown Little Rock. Emanuel was elected Chicago's mayor in February 2011 and before that, he served as President Barack Obama's chief of staff. He also served in former President Bill Clinton's administration from 1993 to 1998. Emanuel lived and worked in Little Rock during Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign.
Thirty-four students are graduating from the school's two-year Master of Public Service degree program. The graduates represent 14 states as well as the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Portugal and Thailand.