Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed May 1, 2013
Randeep Mann Resentenced To Life
A former Russellville doctor convicted of plotting a bombing that nearly killed the head of the Arkansas medical board has again been sentenced to life in prison. Randeep Mann was resentenced Wednesday by U.S. District Judge Brian Miller in Little Rock.
Mann was sentenced in 2009 to life in prison for a bombing that injured Dr. Trent Pierce outside his home in West Memphis. A federal appeals panel upheld Mann's convictions but ruled that the sentencing range was miscalculated because it shouldn't have included an allegation that he assaulted an inmate.
Mann - who was convicted of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction - did not appear for the hearing. Pierce did attend the hearing but declined an opportunity to speak to the court.