Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Mayflower Oil Spill
Sun September 29, 2013
Realtors Struggle In Wake Of Oil Leak At Mayflower
A real estate broker in Mayflower says efforts to buy and sell homes in Mayflower have been not been easy since an ExxonMobil Pegasus Pipeline ruptured in March and spilled thousands of barrels of oil in the town near Lake Conway.
Sandy Bridges told the Log Cabin Democrat that lenders and appraisers are leery of property in Mayflower - even some far from where the spill occurred. Bridges says she's working with ExxonMobil in an effort to restore the marketplace.
She says some of the solutions may include workshops with appraisers to educate them on specific spill-related concerns.