Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes On Music
Tue June 11, 2013
The recorder is a vertical flute-like instrument especially popular in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
It gets its name from the Latin word, “recordori”, a combination of “re” meaning “again” and “cor” meaning “heart.”
Its original meaning was “to go over in the mind”, referring to an old metaphor of “mind” actually meaning “heart.”
Thus we often know music by “heart.”