Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Tue June 11, 2013
The recorder is a vertical flute-like instrument especially popular in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
It gets its name from the Latin word, “recordori”, a combination of “re” meaning “again” and “cor” meaning “heart.”
Its original meaning was “to go over in the mind”, referring to an old metaphor of “mind” actually meaning “heart.”
Thus we often know music by “heart.”