Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu August 8, 2013
Remington Breaks Ground On Ark. Plant Expansion
Remington Arms Company has broken ground on a $32 million expansion of its ammunition plant in Arkansas that company officials say will add between 50 and 100 new employees.
Gov. Mike Beebe, U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor and company officials were on hand Thursday to mark the beginning of the expansion project, which is expected to be completed in June 2014. The plant currently employs about 1,300 workers.
The Lonoke plant was established in 1969 and the manager of the plant says more between 2 billion and 3 billion rounds of ammunition are manufactured at the facility each year. The expansion will consist of a 35,000 square foot building adjacent to the existing plant.