Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed August 14, 2013
Rep. Tom Cotton Spending A Week In Israel
Republican Congressman Tom Cotton of Arkansas is spending the week in Israel after announcing a bid to unseat Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor.
A spokeswoman for Cotton said Wednesday the first-term congressman traveled to Israel last weekend and will spend the week there attending American Israel Educational Foundation seminar.
Spokeswoman Caroline Rabbitt says the trip is official business and not related to his Senate bid.
Rabbitt says the trip is paid for by the foundation and was approved by the House Ethics Committee. She says the bi-annual seminar is open to freshmen lawmakers from both parties.
Rabbitt says the trip was of particular interest to Cotton because there are two Israeli-owned businesses in his south Arkansas district.
Cotton announced last week that he would challenge Pryor in next year's election.