Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed August 14, 2013
Rep. Tom Cotton Spending A Week In Israel
Republican Congressman Tom Cotton of Arkansas is spending the week in Israel after announcing a bid to unseat Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor.
A spokeswoman for Cotton said Wednesday the first-term congressman traveled to Israel last weekend and will spend the week there attending American Israel Educational Foundation seminar.
Spokeswoman Caroline Rabbitt says the trip is official business and not related to his Senate bid.
Rabbitt says the trip is paid for by the foundation and was approved by the House Ethics Committee. She says the bi-annual seminar is open to freshmen lawmakers from both parties.
Rabbitt says the trip was of particular interest to Cotton because there are two Israeli-owned businesses in his south Arkansas district.
Cotton announced last week that he would challenge Pryor in next year's election.