Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue December 10, 2013
Repair Work On Ice-Damaged Little Rock Roads
The ice may be melting after the storm, but significant road damage it still being repaired. The City of Little Rock’s Public Works Department is working to fix potholes and ice issues around town.
Operations Manager Eric Petty says the lingering cold temperatures have made cleanup efforts difficult. He said Tuesday that the city is still cleaning up residential areas and potholes throughout the city.
"We've currently got eight large dump trucks with spreaders and we also have two smaller trucks. We have two motor graters, those crews are still trying to clean the snow and ice from the streets. And then we have two pothole patch trucks that are going around and repairng the potholes," said Petty.
Areas that need cleaning can be reported by calling 3-1-1.