Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue December 3, 2013
Report: Arkansas Revenue Below Forecast In November
Arkansas finance officials say the state's revenue in November didn't meet last year's figures or their predictions for this year.
The Department of Finance and Administration said Tuesday that the state's net available general revenue last month totaled $349.7 million. That's just under $1 million less than the same month last year and $8.4 million below forecast.
The state's revenue for the fiscal year that began July 1 is $29.4 million above forecast.
The department said the November numbers were affected by swings in corporate income taxes. Gross collections in corporate tax income were $4.2 million below forecast and 41.6 percent below last year's levels. Corporate refunds, meanwhile, were $2.6 million above expectations and 36.6 percent above last year's levels.