Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri January 3, 2014
Report: Arkansas Revenue Up In December, Above Forecast
Arkansas finance officials say an early deposit from securities fees kept the state's revenue above forecast and ahead of expectations in December.
The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration on Friday said the state's net available general revenue totaled $472.1 million in December. That's $15.6 million above last year and $2.8 million above forecast.
The state's net revenue for the fiscal year that began July 1 totals $2.5 billion, which is $85.2 million ahead of last year and $32.2 million above forecast.
A $5.7 million from securities fees collected by the state from brokers offset individual income, sales and corporate income tax collections that were below forecast in December.