Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri January 3, 2014
Report: Arkansas Revenue Up In December, Above Forecast
Arkansas finance officials say an early deposit from securities fees kept the state's revenue above forecast and ahead of expectations in December.
The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration on Friday said the state's net available general revenue totaled $472.1 million in December. That's $15.6 million above last year and $2.8 million above forecast.
The state's net revenue for the fiscal year that began July 1 totals $2.5 billion, which is $85.2 million ahead of last year and $32.2 million above forecast.
A $5.7 million from securities fees collected by the state from brokers offset individual income, sales and corporate income tax collections that were below forecast in December.