Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue February 11, 2014
Republican Governors Association Targets Mike Ross In New TV Ad
A national Republican group is targeting Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Mike Ross with a new television ad that tries to paint the former Arkansas congressman as too closely aligned with President Barack Obama and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The Republican Governors Association announced Tuesday it would begin airing a 30-second spot around Arkansas criticizing Ross. The group said it was spending six figures on the spot, which was set to begin airing Tuesday.
The spot criticizes several of Ross' votes while in Congress, including his support for the economic stimulus package in 2009.
Ross' campaign called the spot "predictable and sad." Ross is the only Democrat running for governor.
Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson, state Rep. Debra Hobbs and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the Republican nomination.