Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Local & Regional News
Mon August 19, 2013
Republican Tommy Moll Enters Race For Arkansas' 4th District
A Hot Springs businessman has joined the race to replace Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton in Arkansas' 4th District.
Tommy Moll announced Monday he is running as a Republican and wants to focus on jobs and the economy in his campaign.
Lt. Gov. Mark Darr and state House Majority Leader Bruce Westerman have already announced they're seeking the GOP nomination for the seat.
Janis Percefull, a community college instructor from Hot Springs, is the only announced Democratic candidate for the 4th District.
Moll says he wants to bring a business background to Congress to help create private-sector jobs. He has worked at the Jefferies investment banking firm, concentrating on the energy sector.
Cotton is in his first term and has announced a run against Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor.