Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Restoration Of Dome Underway At Arkansas Capitol
Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin says restoration of the state Capitol's interior dome is underway.
Martin announced the beginning of the project on Monday. He says a grant from the Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council is funding the restoration.
Martin's office says work on the project will continue through the fall.
The dome's interior will be repainted to be as historically accurate as possible, dating back to the Capitol's original construction.
The Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council has provided several grants to restore and renovate the Capitol in recent years.
The state Capitol was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.