Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Restoration Of Dome Underway At Arkansas Capitol
Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin says restoration of the state Capitol's interior dome is underway.
Martin announced the beginning of the project on Monday. He says a grant from the Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council is funding the restoration.
Martin's office says work on the project will continue through the fall.
The dome's interior will be repainted to be as historically accurate as possible, dating back to the Capitol's original construction.
The Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council has provided several grants to restore and renovate the Capitol in recent years.
The state Capitol was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.