Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Restoration Of Dome Underway At Arkansas Capitol
Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin says restoration of the state Capitol's interior dome is underway.
Martin announced the beginning of the project on Monday. He says a grant from the Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council is funding the restoration.
Martin's office says work on the project will continue through the fall.
The dome's interior will be repainted to be as historically accurate as possible, dating back to the Capitol's original construction.
The Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council has provided several grants to restore and renovate the Capitol in recent years.
The state Capitol was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.