Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- As School Fees Rise, So Do Questions Over What Constitutes A Free Education
Film in Arkansas
Mon January 13, 2014
Ron Robinson Theater To Open in Downtown Little Rock With Series of Free Film Events
The Central Arkansas Library System and the Little Rock Film Festival are opening the Ron Robinson Theater this week in downtown Little Rock with nine days of movie screenings, all free of charge and open to the public.
It will be a chance for the public to see the new 315-seat theater with state-of-the-art digital projection, which is part of the newly-built $6 million Arcade Building.
Little Rock voters approved a bond issue in 2012 to fund the Arcade Building, where the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies will also house an archiving space.
The Arcade building is at the corner of River Market and President Clinton Avenues.