Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
High Winds And Power Outages
Mon March 25, 2013
Rough Winds Cross Arkansas, Knock Out Power
A weather system that brought snow to far northwest Arkansas left behind an air mass that powered winds strong enough to cause more than 25 hundred power outages across the state.
The National Weather Service said Sunday that Little Rock had the highest recorded gust at 47 miles per hour. Gusts of 44 miles per hour were recorded in Pine Bluff, 43 miles per hour in Stuttgart, and Russellville had gusts clocked at 41 miles per hour.
Entergy Arkansas worked Sunday to repair downed power lines in 28 counties. The greatest concentration of outages was in Pulaski County, where 13 hundred customers were without power.