Most Active Stories
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Former Treasurer Convicted Of Bribery, Extortion
Wed July 24, 2013
Royals Reveal New Baby's Name
ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST:
Finally this hour, the news that some of you at least have been anxiously awaiting. The royal baby has a name, several of them, in fact. George Alexander Louis. We'll break down that monitor for you now.
George is a name shared with the patron saint of England, not to mention the Beatle George Harrison and, of course, six prior kings of England. Alexander is the masculine form of the queen's middle name, Alexandra, and he shares Louis with his father, William Arthur Philip Louis. And stick with us now, that name also honors the baby's great-grandfather's uncle Louis Mountbatten. Mountbatten was assassinated by the Irish Republican Army in 1979.
A lot of history for one so small, George Alexander Louis. And while he grows into the name, he will be officially known as his Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SIEGEL: You're listening to ALL THINGS CONSIDERED from NPR News. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.