Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Saline County Sheriff Arrested For Intoxication
Benton police say Saline County Sheriff Bruce Pennington has been arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest.
A news release from Benton Police Lt. Kevin Russell says officers called to a Benton restaurant Saturday night by witnesses who said an intoxicated person was getting into a vehicle found Pennington sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot and suspected he was intoxicated.
The release says Pennington became belligerent and was taken to the police department - but was not arrested due to the "unique situation" and was later released to a family member.
A phone call to a number listed for Pennington was answered with a message saying the number is not in service. A call to Benton police on Sunday was referred to Russell - who was said to not be available until Monday.