Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Saline County Sheriff Arrested For Intoxication
Benton police say Saline County Sheriff Bruce Pennington has been arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest.
A news release from Benton Police Lt. Kevin Russell says officers called to a Benton restaurant Saturday night by witnesses who said an intoxicated person was getting into a vehicle found Pennington sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot and suspected he was intoxicated.
The release says Pennington became belligerent and was taken to the police department - but was not arrested due to the "unique situation" and was later released to a family member.
A phone call to a number listed for Pennington was answered with a message saying the number is not in service. A call to Benton police on Sunday was referred to Russell - who was said to not be available until Monday.