Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Saline County Sheriff Arrested For Intoxication
Benton police say Saline County Sheriff Bruce Pennington has been arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest.
A news release from Benton Police Lt. Kevin Russell says officers called to a Benton restaurant Saturday night by witnesses who said an intoxicated person was getting into a vehicle found Pennington sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot and suspected he was intoxicated.
The release says Pennington became belligerent and was taken to the police department - but was not arrested due to the "unique situation" and was later released to a family member.
A phone call to a number listed for Pennington was answered with a message saying the number is not in service. A call to Benton police on Sunday was referred to Russell - who was said to not be available until Monday.