Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue August 27, 2013
Saline County Sheriff Pleads Guilty To 2 Charges
Saline County Sheriff Bruce Pennington has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest and public intoxication.
Pennington pleaded guilty Monday in Saline County District Court. He faces up to $3,000 in fines and a year of unsupervised probation.
Pennington was arrested June 29 after Benton police responded to reports of an intoxicated person possibly trying to drive away from a restaurant.
Police say Pennington was belligerent with officers who responded and found him in his car.
Pennington said after Monday's hearing that he "freely and voluntarily" admits that his conduct was offensive, that he tarnished his public image and that of his office and he apologized for his behavior. He also said that he has entered into a treatment facility to address his "personal issues."